Specialty lenses can improve the life of your lenses and provide better vision.
When light hits a reflective surface, such as water, snow, even cars and buildings, the light can become polarized, resulting in glare that can interfere with your vision. Only polarized lenses can remove this glare, working much as a venetian blind to block out horizontal polarized light waves.
We've all experienced glare in our daily routine, perhaps spending the day at the beach or fishing with the sun illuminating the surface of the water, or driving in a car with the sun reflecting off the dashboard, roadway or hood. This glare is bothersome and uncomfortable on the eyes, but when the angle of reflection is just right, the glare can become blinding and often extremely dangerous, as in the case of driving a vehicle.
Rollover to see a comparision of the Non-polarized and Polarized Lenses
Regular tinted sunglass lenses only reduce ambient light that reaches the eye, or, light transmittance. By their very nature, they cannot block glare. Only polarized lenses can block out this dangerous, blinding glare.
What are Polarized Lenses?
Polarized lenses contain millions of parallel rows of tiny iodine crystals or dichroic dyes (so small they can't be seen with the naked eye) which act in a manner similar to venetian blinds. Like venetian blinds, the horizontal rows of iodine crystals contained within the polarized lens block out horizontal polarized light waves, letting only (non-polarized) vertical light waves reach the eye. This results in comfortable vision free of glare, and is the reason why only a polarized lens can block glare. Click here to see the Polarized Lens demonstration video.
NuPolar improves contrast and visual acuity
In addition to blocking blinding glare, Polarized lenses have many other benefits:
- Help you see better by improving contrast as well as visual comfort and acuity.
- Improve color and depth perception
- Enhance clarity and contrast of objects
- Reduce Eye Strain
Combine your Polarized lenses with one of our many frame styles to create your ideal sunglasses to suit your lifestyle. Whether you wear corrective lenses or not, sunglasses are a must have.
Depending on the color you choose for your polarized lenses, color and depth perception may be enhanced even more. For more information on NuPolar lens colors, click here.
EVsd - Eagle Vision Sun Defense
For years, we have known about the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) light. Now scientists warn that High Energy Visible (HEV) light can cause serious damage to your eyes and skin. EV Sun Defense polarized lenses, protect against both of these damaging forms of light.
- Protection Goes Beyond UV Light to Guard Against HEV Light
- Blocks 100% UVA and UVB Rays
- Eliminates 97% of Glare Making the Outdoors Sharper
- Designed to Allow Wearers to See World in More Natural Crisp Colors
- Superior Driving Lens
- Ideal Lens For Outdoor Recreation
|The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends this product as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.||Meets AOA specifications for blockage of UVA and UVB rays.|
To see if you are a candidate click here.
Overexposure to the suns ultraviolet (UV) rays has been linked to cataracts and other eye health problems. UV also causes pre-mature wrinkling and aging of the delicate skin around the eyes. People have learned to protect their skin with sunscreen lotion. Protecting your eyes from exposure to the sun is just as important.
- Many lenses come with built in UV protection. UV coatings can also be applied to provide protection.
- Polarized lenses, polycarbonate, and Transition lenses, as well as non-glare coating provide UV protection.
Visit a store near you and ask one of our Eye Wear Specialists about Lens options with UV protection.
- Polycarbonate is a revolutionary material that is thinner and lighter in weight than traditional plastic lenses
- Offer ultraviolet (UV) protection and scratch resistance
- They are impact resistant
- The extra toughness makes polycarbonate the lens of choice for children's glasses, sports eyewear and safety glasses
- Available in both Polarized, Transitions, and with Non Glare